Pre-Terminated Fibre Assemblies
Pre-Term multi-core fibre assemblies UK manufactured in a controlled factory environment. Available in tight buffered, loose tube, armoured and switch harness styles in Multimode OM1, OM3, OM4, OM5 and singlemode OS2 in 4 – 24 cores. LC, SC, ST, FC or APC connectors with machine polished low loss ceramic ferrules in staggered tail (standard) or straight breakouts. Delivered reeled or coiled with removable crush resistant protective tubing for secure transport, fast safe installation and optional pulling eye. Available in the following variants:
Tight Buffered LSOH Pre-Terms: Suitable for internal horizontal and backbone cabling. The 900um tight buffered presentation also lends itself to installation within an Optical Distribution Frame (ODF), patch panel or enclosure. Available in CPR EuroClasses* Eca, Cca and B2ca. See typical Pre-Term diagram below and click the following link for our product specification.
Loose Tube LSOH Pre-Terms: Loose Tube Gel Filled 250um Pre-Term fibre assemblies with a 900um protective clear tube. Typical application for loose tube cables is in external building to building applications with the water blocking gel making it ideal for ducting where water ingress may occur. Available in CPR Euroclass* Eca. See typical Pre-Term diagram below and click the following link for our product specification.
Steel Wire Armoured (SWA) and Corrugated Steel Tape (CST) Pre-Terms: Armoured Loose Tube Gel Filled 250um Pre-Term fibre assemblies with a 900um protective clear tube for applications requiring increased rodent protection. Typically used in external building to building applications with the water blocking gel making it ideal for ducting where water ingress may occur. Available in CPR Euroclass* Eca. See typical Pre-Term diagram below and click the following link for our product specification.
Switch Harness LSOH Pre-Terms: With additional protection of the fibre tails provided by Aqua or Yellow LSZH Furcation Tubing (jacketing) with an Aramid Strength member. Provides ruggedised protection over and above a standard Pre-Term with the appearance of patch lead style tails. Available in tight buffered, loose tube and armoured versions. See typical Switch Harness Pre-Term diagram below and click the following link for our product specification.
* CPR (Constructors Product Regulation) has standardised cable classes (Euro Classes) across Europe and rates how quickly cable reacts to fire spread, heat release, smoke production, acid gas production and flaming droplets. BS6701 states that as a minimum CPR class Cca cabling should be used in permanent link applications due to high flame resistance. The xSiCute guide to CPR EuroClasses can be downloaded by clicking here.
Optional Rodent Protection with Armoured Pre-Terms using CST (Corrugated Steel Tape) cable (shown) or SWA (Steel Wire Armoured).
Typical Switch Harness Pre-Term (12 core version shown)
The Challenge: When installing network cabling the challenge can be meeting deadline pressures, minimal installation time, out of hours working, strict access controls, storage or the necessary available skill set to terminate and test on site.
xSiCute Pre-Terms are UK manufactured and tested in a controlled factory environment providing consistent network performance & eliminating the need for on-site bundling and terminating. Factory testing reduces the time and cost associated with on-site testing and ensures verified performance. Permanent link test data is supplied with each assembly.
- Significantly reduced installation and labour costs – up to 75% less time than field termination methods
- No site storage and reduced waste – up to 80% less packaging provides environmental benefits and no termination scrap material or debris to dispose of.
- 100% factory tested and inspected ensuring plug and play – supplied with test data and fully traceable.
- UK manufacture with fast turnaround from quote to delivery.
See our article on the benefits of Pre-Terminated Cabling in the October 2019 edition of Networks Europe Magazine by clicking here.